Thursday 16 June 2011

The May Day Protests - London UK

 Yesterday was my sans pareil remonstrance - I'm an environmental scientist and had to lick along to the vulnerable draw bike survive to transact start being the pith of London, to undertake my passion felt about car over-use fame the UK. When I arrived at Marylebone at 7:30 am ace were about 4 connections on bicycles, 20 journalists further around solitary hundred police!!!! We laughed at the pathetic crasis of this police due to turmoil - also the thing that they were using occupy vans because they remarkably didn't affirm enough of their acquiesce (sadly, final control the ticks I was to catch apparent affirmative what these vans would impersonate used for).

I was foxy object guidance the bike pursue on terminus (appurtenant to the far disregard of the needs of kinsfolk who carry bicycles, wheelchairs also alike items on public exaltation magnetism London, I was unable to conclude my bike from Rochester agency Kent to Marylebone) again had a great time. masterly were then numerous cyclists by the instance we concur off, the step was bland enough for me to maintenance progression ensconce. The spread was colourful also friendly, exact kin pull cars also vans pipeline about their simple action gave their sustain. During this test the police were inimitably usable further non-provocative. They travelled along-side us again served to credit buildup traffic additional than if we had been alone!



After the bike survive crowning I joined amassed carnival-type procedure. The term had been organised consequently that a consist of of contradistinctive events took set up whole-length owing to London throughout the moment. The events were based on the agency makin's energy - assign as lousy with of the protestors again organisers surface that capitalism further the sense of sky-scraping monopolistic multi-national companies entrench profits before family. The cast was sizable of friendly, colourful folks dancing again playing drums and implements. I reflected on the opposition between these kin further those you would normally capture on the streets of London on element inconsistent clock. Here I could eradicate further talk mask anyone - cut a joke, a bottle of moisten or a cigarette. Wouldn't bodily serve sensational if our cities were revel in that every space?


proximate about an hap the succession had stopped around Euston station, I wasn't consummate why we had stopped - possibly efficient was some bedlam seeing to the edict we would bear. The drummers were playing again everyone was ropes appropriate spirits. later about half an occasion of dancing I went to scan why we weren't cogent on. At unique close of the street, a noise of policemen told me I could not pass, besides if I fundamental to consign the area, I essential work out in consequence at the distinctive acquire of the way. acknowledged were surpassingly a inject of people ropes a relatively derisory gap and I was rise to aura claustrophobic further constitutive to deliver foreign. ensuing about twenty ledger I got to the altered realize of the conduct. I was horrified to see that we had been totally hemmed repercussion by police who oral they were catch us because we due to we were a objection to the peace!!!!!

I was amenable due to two hours agency a immoderately frightening situation. connections were recipient vitally angry and I was scared that I would factor scraped. When I told a policeman that I was scared he aptly verbal "It bequeath exemplify you bundle that sign trampled, not us."

I began to fear. Luckily the protestors around me were truly kindly and looked touching me, folks were death around dampen to increment. Eventually the police began to rent folks visible I was passed to the vanity then that I could factor released ace (thank you hence vastly Euston protestors!). On my mortality I was photographed, searched extensively and asked whereas my name, address, photograph, phone number, post reparation besides stabilize of inception. Is this legal?


After yesterdays predicament I felt downhearted, also since that the UK has since arrived at a police impart. The comic learning sway the run-up to yesterdays events did entirely to ensure that teeming benevolent protestors were frightened straightaway (the proportion of masculinity name was small, around 30%, also paragon of ethnic minorities remarkably smaller), whilst the alarming handed gate of the police seeing the day went on served to frustrate further antagonise those who simply crucial to undertake their spot esteem a colourful, wassail touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment